Music is part of our lives. Ever since we were born, songs have inspired us, transported us, comforted us and motivated us. A single melody has the power of changing your mood. It unites groups of people who feel a sense of togetherness with a chant. Haven’t you ever found yourself humming a tune from a song in the middle of nowhere?
Yes, music has an impact on our soul. With or without lyrics. The lyrics may be profound and meaningful. But one can easily be haunted by the shallow words from a catchy tune, too.
Whatever genre: Classic, rock or pop. Classic rock. Pop rock. Folk, Indie, Punk, Funk, Flamenco… You name it.
Music is powerful. It’s healing.
Share your thoughts
Do you feel like chatting about this on Twitter? All you have to do is tweet your opinion followed by #occeoic For more information go to: http://wp.me/P3tqiu-7J
Comments on this blog are also welcome!
Questions that might help the conversation:
- What are your favourite songs?
- When do you like listening to them?
- Can you recommend a party song?
- Which song haunts you all the way to the dance floor?
- The best melody for a rainy day?
- Is there any song which is particularly powerful with you? Why?
- Do you remember going to a really good gig? What was the highlight?
- If there were such thing as the best song in 2013. Which one would it be?
For reviews on some of the best albums: Linn Music
For an article on the the most influential people in the music industry: Team Adele tops list of Guardian Music Power 100
www.examiner.com features an article about the benefits of music in therapy and how it boosts language development