This year A Coruña is holding an exhibition of Picasso, which will feature more than 200 works.
There is an important connection between Picasso and our town as he actually lived here during a period of his life and it was in Coruña where he first exhibited his works in public.
What do you know about Picasso? Which is your favourite art piece?
Here is a video explaining the connection between Picasso and our town. Listen and answer the questions below.
1. How long did Picasso live in Coruña?
2. Which events took place during that period? Mark the ones you hear.
He fell in love / his sister died / he exhibited his works / he learned to paint / he became a young artist / he moved to the countryside
3. What’s the name of the work often considered his first masterpiece?
4. What’s the name of the exhibit?
5. How many works will you see by Picasso?
Join a Conversation
Have you ever been to an exhibition? What did you see? When was it? Who did you go with? What exhibition would you like to see if you had the opportunity?
Feel free to reply on this post, sharing your experience by clicking on the “reply” icon above. Also share your media and ideas by writing on twitter. Don’t forget to include the #occeoic hashtag.