It may not be too far-fetched to say that flying could be the reality some time in the near future.
Prototypes like the Aeromobil have already been tested, and with positive results, apparently.
The video above shows a demonstration of a flying car. It claims that it could become the solution for traffic jams, for instance. “One solution is to create a new type of transportation that doesn’t rely on roads, which could one day make traffic jams a 20th century relic. To do this, we must look to the sky.”
The Current Problems with Transportation
Whether with flying cars or not, we are definitely in need of a solution to all the problems generated by private and public transport. Take a look at this image of city traffic with 200 people.
What do you think are the biggest problems nowadays? What needs to be improved in your town? Do you think that governments should encourage public transportation more?
How do you feel about this?
Below are some questions to discuss the topic #occeoic
- How would we all benefit from the introduction of flying cars?
- What problems do you think would arise? Is it feasible that we all end up flying and not driving? Why?
- How important do you think it is to use public transportation
- Do you think city governments should discourage use of privately driven cars within city limits?
- Can you think of other alternative ways of travelling?
- If public transportation were free, would you use it more?
- Do you feel safe when you use public transportation?
- Do you feel safe going into the subway/metro/underground at all hours?